A Good Faith Asbestos Inspection performed by an accredited inspector is required before any construction, renovation, remodeling, maintenance, repair or demolition project, under WAC 296-62-07721. The fee for Good Faith Inspections is a $150 mobilization fee plus $50 for each sample collected. AHERA Surveys will be bid based on the specifics of the project. A typical home will require 15-25 samples. The number of samples collected depends on the specific materials present.
How to Schedule a Good Faith Inspection/AHERA Survey
- Call our office at (360) 389-1056 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a Good Faith Inspection or AHERA Survey.
- Provide a description of the scope of work (detailed description of renovation, demolition, maintenance work).
- Electronically sign the letter of engagement and pay the $150 mobilization fee.
- Schedule a time for your inspection.
What Happens Next
- We send an AHERA Building Inspector to inspect the described scope of work for suspected asbestos-containing materials.
- The inspector will sample all suspected asbestos-containing materials. Repair of the sample areas is not included in the scope of work. If other materials are discovered during the course of a demolition or remodel, they will require testing prior to continuing work.
- We’ll submit the collected samples to a laboratory accredited by NVLAP to analyze for asbestos.
- We’ll prepare a report that details the presence, quantity and location of all asbestos-containing materials found within the scope of work.
- You’ll receive the report and a free quote for removal, abatement or encapsulation of any asbestos-containing materials.